Winter Blues?

When I moved away from my ski resort Okemo in Vermont, USA, to Paris, France, end of 2009, I had to face so many emotions: the sadness of leaving my mountain loving friends, my group of riding chicas, the mountain, the snow and ski slopes just outside my window, trees, nature... and talking snow and gear 24/7. I left all that to end up in a noisy, polluted, stressful and snowless city miles away from any mountain or beach for riding snow or surf...

This is how I lived my "reverse culture shock" at first. But I soon learned to appreciate Paris for its unique street fashion and sports cultures, I finally got to get more involved in rock climbing, yoga and salsa dancing! And did not give up on my first love: snowboarding. After all, we have the French Alps! I moved to the city of Lyon, only 2-3 hours away form the most amazing mountains I ever dreamed to ride.

Even though I no longer get my 50+ days of riding in, I still feel spoiled because I get to snowboard, surf, climb, do yoga, dance, and shop!

So ladies, here is to ModeSnow, which after a little break, comes back to continue sharing the goods on fashion and sports and how much we love to combine both.

~Mayta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAMB x BURTON Part II

ACTIVEWEAR by SKITBOX

Wild Bindings