Mountain Riders Shop ~ DC Zephyr Pants

Mode Snow's features include shopping sessions at "featured shops" where we try the goods on for you. For our first "featured shop" post, we made a visit to Stratton's Mountain Riders Shop in Vermont, USA. Wild prints are the flavor of the season as well as fluo colors. Based on this trend, our eyes immediately landed on DC's Zephyr pants in Raspberry Plaid . What can I say, the baggy cut, suspenders, loud colors and plaid prints were just the combo we needed to call it a hot topic!

The mega flare of these pants can be reduced by zipping up the bottom of the pants. I love this feature when off the slopes; it prevents dragging your pants in the mud and from ripping them apart. But when on the snow, the extra flare is what it's all about. Even sweeter, DC included their "shant control" feature. Basically, you can pull on a cord located in your pocket to pull up and keep up the bottom back part of your pants! So no more dreading the muddy parking lots.

I like to rock my pants baggy, so I tried on a size above mine. The waist can be adjusted to fit girls like me who like it comfy, but not loose. I don't wanna lose my pants while I am riding!
If you like your pants to have a slimmer and more flattering cut, stick to your true size. The DC's Zephyr pants have the cut you are looking for.


The DC's Zephyr pants feature DC's Exotex 10K waterproof shell that will keep you dry. The 10000g breathable shell will prevent uncomfortable sweat.

The Look: What jacket do you wear with these? Check out the color of my t-shirt! That's bringing out the subbtle cyan from the plaid pattern. I would go with a jacket of solid color that brings out this cool blue. Another funky option: a white jacket. The plaid prints are so wild, keep it on the solid colors for the jacket. You can always match your pants with DC's jacket featuring the same Raspberry Plaid Pattern.

The DC's Zephyr pants are also available in monogram/oak for the more conservative gals, and in raspberry, for the hot color without the wild print.

Photography: Alli

~Mayta

Comments

Leslie Juvin said…
I"m not into the pattern or colors, but it's a sweet concept.
Kirsten said…
can i buy those from you?! ahh! i love those snow pants and i want them soooo bad!!! <3 <3

Popular posts from this blog

LAMB x BURTON Part II

ACTIVEWEAR by SKITBOX

Wild Bindings