Kershnar x Volcom

I love summer, don't get me wrong... but seeing stores changing their offerings to fall 2009 lines just brings excitement for winter! Ok, I may be getting a little ahead of myself. But from a fashion side of things, I just love being able to layer up. Fall and winter styles are my favs.

Volcom has revealed its fall 2009 line up and as you can see, the 80's and punk rock looks will endure through this winter.

I just love collaboration between artists and fashionware designers. Volcom featured artist series is just that. Here is a sick hoodie featuring artwork from Mike Kershnar. The hoodies is actually also part of Volcom's V-Co.logical series.


Here's a close up on the artwork. The tiger is one of Kershnar's fav animals. He used to track tigers in Nepal with his father!


Now available in black or white on Volcom's website.

Mike Kershnar's art can be displayed on your wall, worn on a t-shirt or plastered on your skate deck. I just love his statement of purpose, which starts off with "My name is Mike Kershnar and I believe life is to be lived. I believe we all have a gift to share with the world...." Check out his website for more info.

Here are some of my favs: "Healing Tiger"

He created this piece (unfortunately it's sold) for a father who gave it as a gift to his daughter who was taking a job at an Oakland ER. As Mike describes it, the tiger is rushing out of turbulent water to bring healing. The painting is intended to inspire the daughter in all that she does in ER.

Another one is this "Snake Skate":

Kershnar's inspiration came from his own pet snake, Adam (great name) and how he feeds him mice on a weekly basis... But is also resulted from his collaboration with Element Skateboard. Johnny Schillreff, ES' founder, dreams of a skateboarding snake eating up Chuck E. Cheese!!

Check out more pieces from Mike Kershnar on Zazzle.com an artsproject movement liberating artists wolrdwide.

~Mayta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAMB x BURTON Part II

ACTIVEWEAR by SKITBOX

Wild Bindings